Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Clinical Nurse

Guess what, I am now officially a clinical nurse. That means that I hold a level 2 nursing position at Beaconsfield. I have been filling in for this for a couple of months and now officially have the position. I am pleased now I will get the pay appropriate for the level of responsibility. So far I have been working 5 days a week for less than 4 shifts per week and filling a more responsibile role. It will be nice to have the job officially.

It is a challenge to be responsible for the co-ordination of the care of the 18 residents and up to 4 more acute clients. I am also responsible for some of the staffing issues and for student and graduate placements. I have discovered that there is still a lot to learn.

I will keep you posted.

2 comments: